Why People Suck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why People Suck is a forum dedicated to free speech and discussion. You may discuss or vent about any topic without censorship. Create an account and share your opinions on how the world sucks and what should be done about it.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Dalai Lama is just another charlatan
My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:48 am by demonist

» Medical Billing and Coding Could I work in a dentist office?
My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:16 am by matthew

» American Idiot, The Musical
My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:39 am by elaine

» We Are So Fucked, Our Politicians Couldn't Be Any Dumber
My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:23 am by elaine

» Stupid Sayings (idioms)
My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:23 pm by Hlok

» We are looking for articles on the following topics:
My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 pm by Hlok

My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:17 pm by Hlok

My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:13 pm by Hlok

My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:08 pm by Hlok

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 am
Top posters
Hlok (92)
My Issue With Abortion I_vote_lcapMy Issue With Abortion I_voting_barMy Issue With Abortion I_vote_rcap 
TheDevilsAdvocate (80)
My Issue With Abortion I_vote_lcapMy Issue With Abortion I_voting_barMy Issue With Abortion I_vote_rcap 
pinkladeriz (7)
aram624 (6)
peeyount (4)
Satellite One (3)
elaine (2)
RandomDude (1)
matthew (1)
vytmay (1)
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My Issue With Abortion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDevilsAdvocate
Admin
Admin
TheDevilsAdvocate

My Issue With Abortion Empty
PostSubject: My Issue With Abortion   My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:05 pm

I will start off with why I don’t oppose abortion in general. I accept abortions because until the cells, or later, the fetus are fully formed, it is not a human being. Nobody looks at a carton of eggs and says I bought twelve chickens. While those eggs (an egg is an embryo) would develop into a chicken given the proper conditions, and time to grow, they are in their current stage only eggs (embryo). The only reason pro-lifers can’t apply this rationale to humans, is because of their emotional attachment to human life, my analogy is valid and true. We label things what they are, not what they may turn into down the line. With that being said, a fertilized eggs is nothing more than a fertilized egg, and if you abort it before it turns into a self-sustaining human, you have not murdered anything.

I do however have a problem with abortion. My problem is that it is a one-sided procedure at this point, and that is unacceptable. Why should the woman’s concerns be the only concerns addressed in reproductive rights? They get to make a life altering decision for two people, even though they themselves say that both parties are responsible for the situation.

I would never say that a guy should be able to demand that a girl get an abortion, instead, my proposal is that we should be able to acquire “legal rights abortions”. This allows the women to decide on the future of the child, while eliminating any paternal rights and responsibilities of the father. That is the only fair way to do it, and if men do not deserve the right to “legal rights abortions” than women do not deserve the right to actual abortions, except for medical reasons and rape.

If I heard a good argument as to why this shouldn’t be so, I might be able to accept it but so far I have not. Here is a rundown of the reasons I have come across: my body my choice, it takes two to tango, wear a condom. That is it; that is the cream of the crop apparently. Not a single one of them is valid, in the sense that they all apply equally to both parties and therefore imply that both parties should have equal rights.

Let’s start with the easiest argument and work our way up. Is it that hard for a woman to insist on a condom? If so, there is always the option of birth control. So the implication that we are responsible for the child because we were neglectful at the time of conception applies equally to women. Therefore, if we are stuck with the kid, so are you, no abortion. That brings me to the “it takes two to tango” point, which is essentially the same thing. They are admitting upfront that they are half responsible for the situation, but then are arrogant and self-centered enough to think that only their consequences should be taking into consideration. Their “ace in the hole” is their fallback position of “my body, my choice.” Once again this fails to think about anyone but themselves. In the grand scheme of things, what is more important, nine months or eighteen years? Their bodies will be inconvenienced for nine months, our bodies will have to work our asses off, in an attempt to pay for a child we don’t want. An eighteen year financial burden will cause more stress, and suffering than 9 months of mourning sickness. So why do we not have the right to say “my body, my choice, I don’t want to pay.”

If we are going to attempt to base a society on equal rights we cannot pander to people in the name of political correctness. As uncomfortable as the conversations may feel at times, we must strive to find the truth and fairness of the given situation.

Last edited by TheDevilsAdvocate on Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peeyount
Priggish
Priggish
peeyount

PostSubject: Re: My Issue With Abortion   My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:04 am

I do agree and enjoyed the comparison to a carton of eggs. I think it is hard for people to understand or fully comprehend the grasp of evolution in our species. Why we picket a clinic yet sit on our asses while soldiers tear each other to bits somewhere else is beyond my comprehension.
Back to top Go down
aram624
Ol' Bitty
Ol' Bitty

PostSubject: Re: My Issue With Abortion   My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:53 am

This site is neither, it is "Politically Neutral", and is devoted to
healing and recovery for women who've had abortions. This site does not
endorse any political view about abortion, or endorse any specific
religious view about abortion. It is strictly a neutral place of
healing, information and support for women, their families and friends
after an abortion. We treat this as a medical issue for women, not a
political or religious one. Therefore at our message boards and chats
there is no discussion allowed on prolife vs prochoice issues,
judgement or questioning of women's reasons, or discussions about the
"morality" of abortion. If you choose to participate in our interactive
groups, please respect our site policy on these issues. Our site is a
501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and is not financed or supported by any
political or religious groups. It is supported solely by the members at
the message boards, and profits from the sale of products.
Back to top Go down
pinkladeriz
Ol' Bitty
Ol' Bitty
pinkladeriz

PostSubject: Re: My Issue With Abortion   My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:55 am

aram624 wrote:
This site is neither, it is "Politically Neutral", and is devoted to
healing and recovery for women who've had abortions. This site does not
endorse any political view about abortion, or endorse any specific
religious view about abortion. It is strictly a neutral place of
healing, information and support for women, their families and friends
after an abortion. We treat this as a medical issue for women, not a
political or religious one. Therefore at our message boards and chats
there is no discussion allowed on prolife vs prochoice issues,
judgement or questioning of women's reasons, or discussions about the
"morality" of abortion. If you choose to participate in our interactive
groups, please respect our site policy on these issues. Our site is a
501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and is not financed or supported by any
political or religious groups. It is supported solely by the members at
the message boards, and profits from the sale of products.
Ummm..dude I have NO idea what you are talking about here. Are you missing some vital information?...a link to an outside website perhaps, or are you addressing issues on this forum?
Back to top Go down
peeyount
Priggish
Priggish
peeyount

PostSubject: Re: My Issue With Abortion   My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:13 pm

I do see that he or she is trying to pawn off some cheap search engine optimization add on the bottom from Europe. My guess is an outside firm designed to monitor this free webspace for the hosting company. I will also guess that it is a male, who lives in his grandma's basement, has about 4 cats, a green fish tank half full, and has never touched a female breast unless cousin Gerty counts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Issue With Abortion   My Issue With Abortion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Issue With Abortion
Page 1 of 1