Why People Suck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why People Suck is a forum dedicated to free speech and discussion. You may discuss or vent about any topic without censorship. Create an account and share your opinions on how the world sucks and what should be done about it.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Dalai Lama is just another charlatan
The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 3:48 am by demonist

» Medical Billing and Coding Could I work in a dentist office?
The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:16 am by matthew

» American Idiot, The Musical
The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:39 am by elaine

» We Are So Fucked, Our Politicians Couldn't Be Any Dumber
The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:23 am by elaine

» Stupid Sayings (idioms)
The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:23 pm by Hlok

» We are looking for articles on the following topics:
The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 pm by Hlok

The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:17 pm by Hlok

The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:13 pm by Hlok

The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:08 pm by Hlok

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 am
Top posters
Hlok (92)
The Outrage Over Tiger I_vote_lcapThe Outrage Over Tiger I_voting_barThe Outrage Over Tiger I_vote_rcap 
TheDevilsAdvocate (80)
The Outrage Over Tiger I_vote_lcapThe Outrage Over Tiger I_voting_barThe Outrage Over Tiger I_vote_rcap 
pinkladeriz (7)
aram624 (6)
peeyount (4)
Satellite One (3)
elaine (2)
RandomDude (1)
matthew (1)
vytmay (1)
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Outrage Over Tiger

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDevilsAdvocate
Admin
Admin
TheDevilsAdvocate

The Outrage Over Tiger Empty
PostSubject: The Outrage Over Tiger   The Outrage Over Tiger Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:20 am

The most common reasons of why I hate people are probably double standards, and hypocritical actions or thoughts. The recent outrage over Tiger Woods affairs is an excellent example of this. More than seventy percent of people admit to cheating, yet they do not feel the slightest bit of shame or confliction when they then condemn Tiger for doing the same thing. How can you self-righteously criticize his actions when you are cheating on your spouse or significant other? I just can’t comprehend the level of arrogance or denial it would take to be that much of a hypocrite.

I have hated Tiger Woods from the moment I heard of him. For several reasons: he’s an asshole, he is the biggest corporate shill on the planet, he is considered a professional athlete for golfing (it is not a fucking sport!), he married a white woman… uh I uh ahem I meant oh never mind. That being said, he doesn’t owe his fans anything. It is his life to live as he pleases, if you support him it is your choice, no one is forcing you to. Choosing to support him (whether threw going to golfing events or buying merchandise or what not) does not entitle you to anything more than what you bought. You get what you paid for, if you bought a club, you get a club, not a piece of Tiger’s heart, grow the fuck up and live your own life.

I will never understand why people put famous people on a pedestal, and act like they can do no wrong. They are normal people, with normal motivations, why are people always so caught off guard and disappointed when they fuck up? My best guess is that it is some twisted and creepy voyeur-like fantasy they have where they think they are somehow connected to or vicariously living through these celebrities. No matter what the reasoning behind it, it is fucking pathetic.

The worst is the “how could you let down the children” bullshit. Like they even care, I had a favorite hockey player growing up, and if I found out he was a cross dressing murderer now, it wouldn’t change that fact that I respected how he played the game. Besides, it would be much better to learn that people can’t be trusted and are complete deviants without being directly involved in the situation. It is nothing but a cop-out meant to shame the person they are condemning.
Back to top Go down

The Outrage Over Tiger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why People Suck :: General Discussion :: Entertainment-
Jump to: